In true “flipped classroom” style, we have some content to explore before our workshop on Friday the 5th.
Please read and watch these videos (the first link is an article with several embedded videos) and then reflect on the questions posed below. These videos are intended to help introduce the flipped classroom, and get you thinking about some concepts and some possible misconceptions about the technique.
- Flip your classroom through reverse instruction, by John Sowash
- Why I Flipped my Classroom by Katie Gumbar
- 5 Things I Wish I Knew When I Flipped My Class by John Sowash
After watching these videos, please make write down your reflections on these questions, and bring this to the workshop on the 5th to discuss:
- What did you find the most surprising about what was shared in these videos?
- What are you most concerned about in regard to implement flipped classroom techniques in your class and courses?
Thanks. See you on the 5th!
– Kelly Walsh