Following are the competencies developed during this workshop. Participants who have earned the Flipped Classroom Workshop Badge have developed proficiency in these areas.
- Being conversant in the fundamental meaning of the flipped classroom, and what motivates some teachers to use this teaching technique.
- Awareness of important observations that educators have made after learning about and applying flipped class techniques.
- Familiarty with multiple techniques for getting students to engage with ‘flipped’ learning materials, and in some cases, providing feedback that can be used to assess understanding.
- Being conversant in approaches that some teachers have taken to changing how they use class time in a flipped learning classroom.
- Demonstrating awareness of various types of student-centered teaching and learning approaches and how these can help students take more ownership of their learning.
- Development of effective Flipped Classroom Lesson Plans
- Demonstrated familiarity with a variety of tools to create interactive flipped learning content (using your own content and/or expert content from other sources).
- Familiarity with a variety of techniques for creating high quality, engaging screencasts.
- Ability to use a variety of approaches to ensure that all of your students have access to digital learning content
- Familiarity with a number of flipped teaching and learning obstacles and objections, and ways to address them.
- Documentation of an overall plan for introducing or improving on your personalized approach to flipping your classroom and/or course(s).
This workshop required a minimum of 16 to 24 hours of work.